How do you use the elliptical selection tool in Photoshop?
Click and drag in the image over the area you want to select. Hold down the Shift key and drag in any direction to constrain your elliptical marquee to a circle. Hold down Alt (Win) / Option (Mac) as you drag to make an elliptical selection from the center out.
What does the elliptical tool do in Photoshop?
The Elliptical Marquee Tool is the tool of choice for selecting moons, planets and other round celestial bodies. The options for both the Rectangular and Elliptical Marquee Tools are nearly identical. The spacebar is your friend when trying to select objects with the Elliptical Marquee Tool.
How do you use the Select tool in Photoshop?
Click and drag over an area you want to select. The tool automatically selects similar tones and stops when it finds image edges. To add to the initial selection, just click and drag over another area. The Quick Selection tool automatically changes to the Add to selection option.
How do you use the Move tool?
The Move tool helps you position selected content or layers when customizing your work.
- Select the Move tool (V) .
- Use the Options bar to customize tool settings, like Alignment and Distribution, to get the effect you want.
- Click on an element—like a layer, selection or artboard—to move it.
How do I draw circles in Photoshop?
1) Click on the pen tool in the toolbar. 2) On the new toolbar displayed at the top, click the button with the ellipse in it. 3) Draw the circle by dragging the cursor while holding down the Shift key (otherwise you get an ellipse).
How do you use the marquee tool in Photoshop?
In the Tools panel, select the Rectangular Marquee tool. Drag a rectangular selection onto the image. The area inside the animated border represents your selection. To select more, click the Add to selection icon in the options bar or press Shift and drag.
How do I cut out a shape in Photoshop?
Select the Magic Wand tool from the toolbox and then left-click the object that you want to cut out. This creates a selection around the area that you have clicked. Hold down “Shift” and click an adjacent section of the object if the entire object was not covered by the selection.
How do I use the Magnetic Lasso tool in Photoshop?
What to Know
- Go to Tools and select the Magnetic Lasso Tool. Press Caps Lock to change from the default lasso cursor to a precision cursor.
- Tool Options include Feather, Width, Contrast, and Frequency.
- Find an edge to drag along. Click to turn on Magnetic Lasso Tool. Move along the edge of the object to select it.