The first tried-and-true way to recolor your objects is to use the hue and saturation layer. To do this, simply go to your adjustments panel and add a Hue/Saturation layer. Toggle the box that says “Colorize” and start adjusting the hue to the specific color you want.
How do I recolor an image in Photoshop?
Click the File tab in the menu bar and open an existing project or create a new project. In the Layers menu, click the desired layer of the image to recolor. Select the desired portion of the layer using the marquee, lasso, or quick selection tools.
How do I change the color of something I already painted in Photoshop?
Apply a new color and adjust its hue and saturation
- Click the Create New Fill or Adjustment Layer button in the Layers panel, and select Solid Color. …
- Select the new color that you want to apply to the object and click OK.
How do I recolor part of an image?
Recolor a picture
- Click the picture and the Format Picture pane appears.
- On the Format Picture pane, click .
- Click Picture Color to expand it.
- Under Recolor, click any of the available presets. If you want to switch back to the original picture color, click Reset.
How do I convert an image to RGB color mode in Photoshop?
With the file open, go to Image>Mode and select RGB Color. You will see an on-screen prompt telling you to flatten the image if you haven’t flattened it already. You can flatten it or attempt to convert it without flattening the image and compare results.