New in version 4.0: You can turn any set of layers into a file layer by right-clicking them and doing Convert ‣ to File Layer. It will then open a save prompt for the file location and when done will save the file and replace the layer with a file layer pointing at that file.
How do I create a layer folder in Krita?
Ctrl + G shortcut will create a group layer. If multiple layers are selected, they are put into the group layer. Ctrl + Shift + G shortcut will quickly set-up a clipping group, with the selected layers added into the group, and a new layer added on top with alpha-inheritance turned on, ready for painting!
How do I duplicate a layer in Krita?
To do so, select one or more Clone Layers in the docker (hold Ctrl or Shift and left-click the layers). Then, right-click on any selected layer. In the context menu, there is an action named Set Copy From. Click it.
How do I create a selection layer in Krita?
Common Shortcuts while Using Selections
- Copy – Ctrl + C or Ctrl + Ins.
- Paste – Ctrl + V or Shift + Ins.
- Cut – Ctrl + X , Shift + Del.
- Copy From All Layers – Ctrl + Shift + C.
- Copy Selection to New Layer – Ctrl + Alt + J.
- Cut Selection to New Layer – Ctrl + Shift + J.
- Display or hide selection with Ctrl + H.
How do I group layers in Krita?
You can quickly create a group layer by selecting the layers that should be grouped together and then pressing the Ctrl + G shortcut.
How do I change the opacity of a layer in Krita?
Click on a paint layer in the layers docker. Click on “+” drop-down in the bottom left corner of the layers docker and choose Transparency Mask. Use your preferred paint tool to paint on the canvas. Black paints transparency (see-through), white paints opacity (visible).
How do you add a picture to a layer?
To Add A New Image To An Existing Layer, Follow These Steps:
- Drag & Drop An Image From Your Computer Into The Photoshop Window.
- Position Your Image And Press The ‘Enter’ Key To Place It.
- Shift-Click The New Image Layer And The Layer You Want To Combine.
- Press Command / Control + E To Merge The Layers.
Can you merge layers in Krita?
Krita supports non-destructive editing of the content of the layer. … You can merge all visible layers by selecting everything first Layer ‣ Select ‣ Visible Layers. Then Combine them all by merging Layer ‣ Merge with Layer Below.